Sunday, December 24, 2017

Desserts in DROPTOP Cafe, Penang

As the previous post mentioned, we went for desserts time at Droptop after we had our brunch at The Daily Dose.

I really wanted to tried out the desserts at Droptop so we just went there without hestitation.

Why my strawberry is not
reddish enough.

As we reached, we saw that there were table and chairs outside the cafe. It has the big glass window so sunlight can shine through the window. Too bad Malaysia weather is hot unlike in Korea, if not we would rather choose to be sit on outside.

Once I stepped into the Droptop cafe, it gave me the vibes and make me feel like I am in a cafe in Korea. They are basically playing the song lists on my phone playlists with the latest kpop songs. The decoration and how they arrange those furniture also playing a big part into the korean concept cafe, at least this one make me feel the most alike the cafe in Korea.

You can see on your right handside there is a row of table in front of the glass window I mentioned earlier with the high chair, there is electric plug on it so that you can bring your laptop and online as I can see the table was full with laptops. I just came to realise that almost every tables have at least one laptop.

It make me wonder doesn't that make the Internet slow as if there so much of laptops. As my previous experience teach me that if the cafe is full of people the wifi barely can work.
The menu

We went in Sunday and we barely can get a seat, but luckily there was one couple was leaving. As we really wanted to try out the Strawberry cake, so we ordered one and also some Dropccino (something like ice smoothie) as we are too full to have Icetop (something like bingsu/korean shaved ice). Just like the usual cafe you have to go the counter order and then they will give you a round thing (not sure what it called) that will vibrate when your food is ready.

I get the wifi password from the waiter, and it is unlike any normal cafe, it is more alike to the hotel wifi, you have to connect it, and then it will lead you to the homepage and you have to fill in the user name and the password given and then you are free to google. The internet speed  amazed me despite of there are so many people with laptops in the cafe and I know the reason why the crowd are here now!

In a while, we go to collect for our desserts. But it does seems a little smaller than the photo illustration I saw in instagram feeds. 😂 

I and Selirnn had our Dropccino first before we tasting the cake and we kind of regret that because we could not feel any sweetness in our cake. Maybe the drinks or smoothies have covered the sweetness in the cake. But the Strawberry Dropccino I ordered really suit my taste bud, it taste like the sweets sugus become liquid. I really love it. Too bad we could not stay any longer as Selirnn was having another appointment in an hour. But I will definitely go back next time to try the Icetop.


Here is some of the cafe details:
Cafe: Droptop Cafe
Add: No. 29C-01-08 & 9, Maritime Piazza, Lebuh Sungai Pinang 5, 11600, Jelutong, Penang.
Opening Hours: 0900-0200 (Opens Daily)
Tel:019-7354688

No comments:

Post a Comment